1.19.2010

Freecycle

My sister in law introduced me to freecycle, a list-serve local to your neighborhood where everything is free. You can ask for something you're looking for or offer what you're getting rid of. The idea is great and lots of fun in Virginia. Andrea has found heaps of baby clothes from boutique stores with the tags still on. Utah county has a slightly different mentality. People are always getting rid of junk and want treasures in return. It's been quite entertaining. I've decided to start a new segment on my blog. Whenever you see Freecycle in the title, I've received an email so delightful I couldn't not share.

Here are some of the best so far.

The lady asking for a portable storage unit because they were laid off and they could really use the storage. So could a lot of people, sweetheart.

Another is the person who was getting rid of her milk because she left it in the garage overnight at it was too warm for the milk to be "safe."

One giving away her coupon calendar that EVERYONE gets in their mail. She had taken her favorite ones but anyone is free to come get the rest!

And the winner is...

"I'm cleaning out my fridge and have lots of opened food that's still good. First come, first served. Let me know when you can pick it up."

Really?

2 comments:

Melissa Eggertsen said...

That's classic! So Utah!

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

Did you purposely pick all my post to freecycle.