1. I wax my own legs. I hate shaving. Hate it.
2. All of my married siblings (7) have at least one person in their immediate family with a birthday in February. Nine birthdays total.
3. When Jared and I met, I was his boss. (Still am :)
4. I have an addiction to whipped cream. Especially land o lakes in a can.
5. I never liked chocolate until I was pregnant with Elsie; now I can't get enough of it.
6. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
7. I did one semester of a master's program.
8. Arrested Development is the best tv show ever created.
9. My birthday is on Thanksgiving every 6 or 7 years.
10. I can still do a back flip on the trampoline. And the splits.
11. Every time I open a can of tuna fish I think of a companion I had who introduced herself by saying, "Hi. I'm Sister Miller. If you ever eat tuna fish please wash out the can and lid before you throw it away because the smell makes me sick."
12. I really really really don't like the snow or the cold.
13. We own five times more action movies than romantic comedies because I think most romantic comedies are SUPER LAME! Which is sad because romance is fun.
14. Some day I will swim with dolphins.
15. I had NASTY varicose veins when I was pregnant with Elsie.
16. I still like climbing trees and cliff diving.
17. I served a mission in Tennessee, Utah, and Texas.
18. I was a nanny in Italy for a summer.
19. I've been skiing once. I didn't enjoy it so much. Maybe because I was barely pregnant and didn't feel so good.
20. I LOVED getting massaged. I have lots of headaches and back pain and it seems to be the only thing that really helps. I've been getting massaged every few months for years.
21. I swore I would never marry a computer geek from Idaho or live in Utah. I married a computer geek from Idaho and it looks like we'll never leave Utah.
22. If I were to choose a career over being a mom I think it'd be so cool to do architectural restoration.
23. I'm allergic to lavender oil. I know this because I got burned when I fainted in a steam bath and someone told me lavender oil was better that the silver stuff the ER doc gave me. It's not.
24. I'm always 5 minutes late to everything. I have a genetic inability to be on time.
25. I really really really admire women who were born to mother. I love my kids and I love being a mom, but it doesn't come naturally to me. I wish I could be that mom who had endless creative ideas and patience and always disciplines with love.
5 comments:
I think I knew most of those things about you- but it was a fun read because I forget. Now I know that I should never buy you anything with Lavender Oil in it and I think you would be a good restoration architect- also I didn't know about hiking- I feel like I did so much in my youth and college that I am burned out.
Whip cream huh?? I wondered if you were into that:) So I am excited to come and see you this weekend and I will call you soon to talk details.
Honey, I think that last one describes most of us and the ones who are good at it, I think they are faking something somewhere somehow. Your kids love you and I'm pretty sure that they will never need therapy, so there you go. You are a great mom.
I love all your random attributes.
I've been cycling for a few years and love the sans leg hair summers. But I've never been a fan of shaving and don't love Nair very much either. So I tried waxing. The only thing I can remember that was more painful was military grade pepper spray. Every time we pulled off the paper it would take off skin and leave dozens of little blood spots. But I had to finish what I started and eventually got all the way up both legs. I've decided Nair and shaving are't so bad.
Post a Comment