8.01.2008
Kenyan Friends
We had the wonderful opportunity to host two Kenyan friends for a few days this week. 24 students and 6 teachers came to America to sing and do fundraising for their school and orphanage back home. They've already been in the UK for two months and will be in the US for another month. The website is singingchildrenofafrica.org.uk if you're interested in learning more. Charo, 14, was Zina's favorite. She played with him and kept talking about him all day the morning he left. He's an orphan and just the sweetest boy in the entire world, so thankful and gracious. It was an especially good learning experience for me because I've been rather crabby these last several weeks, blaming my huge pregnant body and the hot weather. (Ok, I've been super crabby.) But there really is no excuse to ever have a bad attitude. Ever. I really need to work on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so fun! I just watched a rerun of Oprah yesterday and they had a story about how another orphanage did the same thing from Africa and one mom felt very strongly that two of the boys were hers to adopt.. She did and then after her many of her friends adopted one or more! Amazing! I think that it would be fun... my friends parents and in-laws have adopted kids from Africa. I look up to people like that... that is so nice of you to make room for them in your home. Sorry for rambling this is just something fresh on the mind.
leave it to you to have these unique experiences. love it. how did you get involved with that? how fun for zina.
crabby? I was never crabby when I was vomiting and sweaty hot, having pierce sciatic shocks and cramping in places i never knew existed . . .I relished and loved every second of my pregnancies!
NOT . . . . .I fell for ya.
Kim
Post a Comment