3.06.2008

Happy Birhtday, Pappa!


Today is my Daddy's 63rd birthday! Happy Birthday, Pappa! I started a tradition a few years ago of making him lemon merange pie and KFC on his special day because that's what he chose every year growing up for his dinner. His mom made real homemade fried chicken, of course, but I haven't attempted that. I owe all my pie making glory to my dear friend Elsha, who is the Pie Master! I go to her house and we spend all day chatting and making a pie. I then borrow her pie pan and keep it for 6-8 months, retuning it just in time for next year.

Dad's out of town this year, visiting the kids back east, so we'll have to postpone our little dinner. I love you, Daddy! I hope you have a wonderful day making happy memories.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel Kirkham said...

Happy Birthday Dr. J!!!! Lizza, you are so cute! I miss your dad's smiling face and how adorable it was when he would perch his glasses right above his eyebrows. Those were the good old days!!!

Melissa said...

You guys expecting? Congrats - that's fantastic!! It's totally a boy.