I've decided that I need a place to explore the continuation of this journey. I am truly desirous of finding pure truth, not truth that conforms with my time period and culture. I have an article being published this spring about receiving God's love. I'm not done writing though. So often I sit down to post something on this blog and I find that the things that really matter to me and the things that I want to express have nothing to do with that is going on on the outside of my life. The things that matter to me most are on the inside. Connection, peace, being grounded, forgiveness. I also think that the majority of people really don't care what's going on inside of me. They're usually too busy trying to handle their own inside lives. I also realize that some people think I'm totally crazy. That I've gone off a weird path and don't relate to what's "normal." So I've decided that you get to choose which parts of me you want. With Nelsonverse, I will continue to post about our outside lives. Parties, plans, vacations, milestones. (Like the cruise to Mexico this Saturday.) Here I will post about my inside life. Where I am in becoming who I'm meant to be. Aren't options great?
2.23.2012
I just turned 2
This is kind of personal, but I'm going to share anyways. This month is the second anniversary of me being drug-free. My mom put me on prozac when I was a teenager since I was miserable and must have come "hard-wired" without the ability to be happy. It never felt right. I always felt that all of us have a capacity to find supreme happiness and some of us don't come with that part broken. Please don't misunderstand me. I know this is a sensitive subject and I don't want to offend anyone. This is just how I feel. I know I'm not a doctor, but I also know my body better than they do. I am so grateful for Jared. His confidence in me gave me the strength to tap into real sources of power and healing. Needless to say, I did it. I defied my doctor. I can feel that the change is permanent and lovely and now I'm connected to the real me, the eternal me. I have learned so much about the power our spirits possess. I truly believe that my spirit controls my body. They are not equal partners. I am not a being that is comprised of spirit, emotion, mind and body. I am spirit, with identity and personality manifested through emotion and mind, and with a body I am eternal. If I inherited the disposition to have a chemical imbalance, then my spirit can fix that. I have literally felt my brain pathways change over the past two years. Thinking and feeling patterns have been challenged and replaced. Because if I've inherited those weaknesses from my ancestors then I've also inherited the first body God created, so strong and powerful that it took almost 1000 years for it to die. Which DNA will I activate? I'm grateful for prozac. I'm grateful to have had it in my life when I needed it, but it serves me, I don't serve it. And the time came to move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just for the record, I love all parts of you!
Post a Comment