Since 2006 my dad has rented a house somewhere in the country once a year for all of us to go vacation for a week. Since there's 8 kids in my family and we're all married, there's no way we can get together during the holidays. This was our fourth time going to North Carolina. I love it there. Love it, love it, love it. We have 35 people in my family now and 33 showed up. I think it was my favorite year so far.
This year our house was right on the beach and man on man is there such a difference. None of us can go back to the beach being within walking distance. We ate, swam, played, took walks, visited some old gardens, played volleyball, did some service, watched movies, played games, and laughed and laughed. It was pretty much perfect.

The kids sleep on the floor for a week. But they didn't mind. No one gets much sleep during vacation anyway.

The pier by our house. We watched stingrays and lots of fisherman. The kids touched lots of fish. They were grossed out and so proud of themselves at the same time.



I want to live here the rest of my life.

We started a family tradition last year of doing a service project sometime during the week. We painted a house last year. This year we did some yard work and made hats for cancer patients.



We do t-shirts each year. One year all of them said, "Mom likes me best." Last year I picked funny sayings that went with each person. This year I had each person pick their favorite movie quote. Jared: I am your density. Lizza: There is no charge for awesomeness. Zina: Oh, Poop! Elsie: I know Kung Fu.

2 comments:
That house looks AMAZING!
you look so much like your mom, that is a compliment. I wish I could read what all your t-shirts say. Love you!
Post a Comment