7.04.2011

Arts and Crafts

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to create more with my children. It's such an important part of this life. But I really don't enjoy the huge mess that comes along with it. Plus it's hard sometimes for me to actually spend time engaging 100% with my kids. (I'm much better at the projects they do while I'm half watching.) I usually start stressing out about all the things I have to get done that I never seem to be able to get done. Things like dishes and laundry and cleaning and cooking. Let alone the huge looming projects that just sit on my shelves. Reorganizing drawers and genealogy and digital picture books and my stack of clothes to mend. So I'm very proud of myself when I carve out a few hours to be there with them and create something. These are some butterflies we made out of coffee filters and clothes pins. The colors did stain my table for a few days. But it was worth it.

No comments: