2. I sometimes look at my friend's blogs and get a bit overwhelmed with how they fit everything in. I feel like motherhood equates survival mode and I'm so happy to just get the kids in bed with food in their bellies. Then I think about all the things we do in one day or one week and my own life overwhelms me. But I don't feel overwhelmed. So strange. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
3. After stake conference on Sunday I was talking with a friend, kids at our feet, while our husbands were putting away chairs. I hear Elsie start crying rather dramatically and think, "Wow, she's tired. Time for a nap." Then I look over to see blood gushing, GUSHING, from both nostrils. I have never seen a nose bleed like that, even on the movies. My friend's two year old head-butted her face with a little too much enthusiasm. Boys play hard. Poor Elsie and poor janitor who had to clean up the garbage can chock full of bloody towels and wonder what happened.
4. My dad rented wave runners for the family (Thank you, Papa!). We spent a few hours on Utah Lake yesterday living life to the fullest. We brought cameras but didn't take any pictures, except for the dead carp on the road. (That thing was HUGE!) So sad. I mourned today. Actually mourned that I don't get to show Zina her first ride on a wave runner. I hope she remembers. PS Utah Lake is crazy full. 4 docks and 10 or so pavilions that are inaccessible except by wading through knee deep water.
5. Utah is breathtaking in June. BREATHTAKING. Which is saying a lot coming from me. And I don't use the word lightly. If this place looked like June most of the year, I would consider staying here the rest of my life.
1 comment:
The word breathtaking always reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the ugly baby. Did you see that one? Add visit Rob and Melissa to Jared's Honey Do list...then add it to yours too!
Post a Comment