5.01.2011
My Zina B
My oldest turned 5 last fall. Cognitively, I'm aware that children leave the nest but emotionally I feel like I'm going to be wiping noses and cleaning the kitchen all day for the rest of my life. Zina is the one who teaches me that she's changing whether or not I'm ready for it. She is my tinkerbell. She loves everything pink and princess. She started last year wearing everything I bought and then a few months later decided she didn't like pants anymore. A few months after that she decided she didn't like tights or leggings anymore either. And she HATES socks. Everything is skirts. In fact, mostly the same skirt worn every day of the week until it walks to the dirty laundry bin on its own. She even tries to wear it to bed. (I confess, most nights I cave. Not worth the jammy fight.) The last few months have been high drama in the clothes department. How do you convince a child that she has to wear something on her legs if she wants them to be warm? I have let go of every type of control when it comes to Zina and getting dressed. My only two rules now? You must wear clean underwear. You must comb your hair. Everything else is fair game. Most days she does pretty well. Other days I feel like Adam Sandler on Big Daddy. You want to wear scuba gear to school? Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
love the update! I still cant look at pictures of the fall without getting emotional and jealous!! The kids are so cute and you are so skinny hot- XOXO
Post a Comment