1.05.2010

Money

I've been complaining a lot about money. About how much I hate spending it on things that are required for living and how little there is left over for fun stuff. Like when our car almost catches on fire from the rear defrost wiring going crazy and melting the casing and shattering the window and filling the car with smoke. My brother sent this to me today and it was a good reminder. Slightly cheesy, but a much needed kick in the pants about what's really important and who's really in charge.

Money can buy you a house but not a home
Money can buy you a clock but not time
Money can buy you a bed but not sleep
Money can buy you a book but not knowledge
Money can buy you a doctor's visit but not health
Money can buy you a position but not respect
Money can buy you blood but not life
Money can buy you sex but not love

2 comments:

Happy-Hardings said...

hi Lizza, I love you.

Elder Richey said...

Wow, that's crazy about your car. Write a letter to Ellen or Oprah and with a story like that I'll bet they'll buy you a new one :)