We are starting Week 3 of Jared's 11 week job. Weeks 1 and 2 flew by and I'm SO grateful for all the people that helped me: feeding us, taking my kids for breaks and sleepovers, sleeping at my house so my unrational fears of the boogy man killing me could be bridled. You know who you are; I'm scared to mention names because I know I'll forget someone and then the guilt will come and never leave. These weeks have been bearable and even fun. The fear/anxiety is always the worst part of change, isn't it?
I've noticed that in some ways my life is less stressful having him gone. His schedule wears on my nerves. Arranging my life and waiting for him to come home 2 hours late causes mucho stress. Oh, to have a husband with a 9-5 job... It's been good for me to take notice of some things we can change when he gets back. But I'm still not sure what to do when he gets home after the kids go to bed. Ideas? I'm all about protecting their sleep to protect my sanity (man, kids have serious strength to cry and whine when they're tired), so keeping them up isn't really an option.
No comments:
Post a Comment