6.10.2009

Light

I've been in the biggest funk lately. Since the beginning of May I've been so off my game: crabby and super emotional. I wish I was pregnant so I had a scapegoat. I get the LDS Daily Gems (sign up at lds.org/gems) and saw this today. It just helped me get some perspective. I usually only get through the day because there's so much to do that my list keeps me going, "Last load and then I can rest. Just sweep the floor and then I'll play with the kids. Just the upstairs bathroom and then it's done." I started crying the other day because I was so sick of laundry and dishes and yard work and bills and grocery shopping and cleaning and all of a sudden I realized I have YEARS of this ahead of me. It's never going to be done. Ever. But now it's a little better because I'm building something that I won't see until the eternities. I need to spend more time taking a peek at the Celetial Kingdom to remind myself of the why.

"No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations. 'Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ' "

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Infinite Power of Hope," Ensign, Nov. 2008, 22–23

4 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Aww, Lizza. Thanks for sharing! I needed that too. DO you feel like your doing it all by your self again? Like when the boys (husbands) were in school? I know that they're working really hard, and going to do great at what ever they do, but I don't want to do everything at home by myself anymore!!! We should try to get together sometime soon! Call me if you ever need to talk.

Harris Family said...

Ive felt like that before. When the bellys are full and everyone is resting- you should too!! Dishes can wait. Im ditching my start-clean, stay-clean method and just cleaning once a week. We are stay at home moms- we should be able to have control over our time a little easier than some and so we need to have more FUN!!

Becky Dura said...

Love this Lizza! So true!

brit said...

lizza, you are awesome. my advice is just take a break. just take a break from your laundry and the dishes and everything and just let it all go for a few days and play with your kids. or go off with some friends. also, soon the kiddos will be able to help you clean up a little more. . . when they are little they are primarily the mess makers.

anyway, we'll be in town july 1-15. hoepfully we'll be able to hook up this time!

miss ya!