2.19.2009

I am officially old

Three recent events tell me that I've left youth.

1. At the gym a bunch of teenagers were being teenagers. Instead of thinking, "I remember being there just a few years ago. (Oh wait, HALF my life ago)," I thought, "I wonder what Zina's going to be like as a teen."

2. I saw an attractive male and thought, "He takes care of his body," and then I noticed that he had some gray hair. I used the think, "Gray hair...old grandpa."

3. My sister doesn't trust my opinion about style anymore because our recent trip to Kohl's (super cute v-neck sweaters for under $4, by the by), proved that I think the "in" stuff is butt ugly.

40 is just ten years away, people...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Do you have crows feet wrinkles yet? I totally do when I smile. So does Weston. Funny thing, I think they're sexy....on him, that is.
It's also unnerving when your parents start talking about how they can't move around as well as they used to. Or that they fell off a ladder or something like that. I hate that.
You're right. We are getting old.

Amy said...

Your blog looks great--I love the design and colors, even if you are losing it. . . .

Harris Family said...

I liked the sweater! Well- Maybe I need fashion advice...probably so. I just got done analyzing all my gray hairs after my bath and then I read this!!! I do feel the same way- why is it that men look good older and women usually dont. I dont care about my skin or hair I just want to have kick butt muscles and a nice rear end.