So....three days after Elsie turned four months old, she decided to cut her first tooth. Two days after that, the second one came.
Mommy is not happy.
I had to stop feeding Zina at nine months because she would scissor her teeth, make me bleed and then suck off the scab. Ouch. I REALLY wanted to go the full year with the second one. And now I'm going postal because it doesn't look like I'll be able to.
PLEASE tell me some stories about good little babies with mouths full of teeth who don't bite their mommies.
6 comments:
They don't have to bite much. Jacob didn't bite that much, neither did Caleb or Brenna, but then again. . . . . I don't even remember how horrible is was to be married to Tom, so maybe I just erase all of my yucky memories. Just keep nursing her--you can work with her on it, it won't be perfect, but you can still go for a LONG while.
I've heard that babies wrap thier toungue around you forming sort of a straw and that is how you don't get eaten alive. Could just be a wives tale, but maybe it's true. Another thing... I had a friend who would pinch her little girls nose if she bit and that solved the problem. Hope you can keep it up. You can do it.
If my girls bit me, I would immediatly put them down, away from me, then we would try again after a minute. They got the idea that it wouldn't happen if they did that. But you have done it longer then I did so I think you will know what is best.
Amy- your hilarious. We love you. AND LIZZA TOO!
Sigh. My Lucie is 12 months now and has 6 sharp teeth...and is absolutely determined to keep nursing, I'm embarrassed to say. I am trying to get her to drink from a sippy cup but she is a strong-willed little girl--and prefers nursing (still!). She's gone through periods of trying to bite me--but I usually say OUCH! and the nursing session is over. She has learned not to bite intentionally that way, but I tell ya...with six teeth...I'm really looking forward to weaning.
Good luck!
I went for 17 months with Millie (I'm PROUD to say) and then she self-weaned. I bopped her on the nose and said "No" if she ever bit me and she would stop biting each time. It was only a few times, and stopped by the time she was 1. I know every baby is different; good luck!
Post a Comment