12.22.2008

Delight

A few days after Halloween, I was having one of those mommy moments where I needed a big time out. I lied down with Elsie after putting a movie on for Zina, explaining in sweet rewarding terms that Mommy needed to take a little nap. Of course she kept coming in and coming in. I finally locked the bedroom door. She didn't like that. She knocked on it, banged on it, threw her body against it. "Mommy! Mommy! Open the door! Open the door!"

It got quiet and then I heard a soft little knock, knock and a cute little voice say, "Trick or Treat."

And this is why I still have children.

2 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

That is so darling. Did she get some candy out of it?

Owner of the Band said...

That story just saved my Christmas. Thank you so much. I love you.