8.27.2008

It's a GIRL!

Elsie Jane was born at 5:55 on Sat, Aug 23 after a two and a half hour labor and three pushes. The home birth was awesome. (Except for the part where the midwife stuck her arm up to her elbow in me to pull out the placenta.) Going to the hospital because I kept bleeding was not so awesome. (So that's my excuse for not getting this up sooner.) No one could figure out why I kept bleeding, but they finally stopped it with lots of drugs after I lost about 6 cups. Baby is doing great; she has a little jaundice. Mommy is doing much much better.

I'll put the unabridged version up in a few days after I feel more like myself. For now, here are some links to some photos. Congratulations us!

These are some maternity shots I had done.
http://www.nicholettedawnphotography.blogspot.com/

These are shots of Elsie and Family.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jarnelson/Elsie
http://picasaweb.google.com/happyamyj/ElsieJane

4 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats, Lizza! She is beautiful. Love that dark hair!
I'm so proud of you for doing the home birth. Don't you feel like wonder woman? You totally are. Very impressive stats on the labor, by the way.
Our babies almost came on the same day!!

Rachel Kirkham said...

Congratulations Lizza - she's perfect! I'm so glad you are OK...kind of scary. Love you so much and I'm so thrilled for you!!!!

Elder Richey said...

This is such wonderful news!! I kept checking your blog to see if she had come yet--and I'm so glad that the delivery went well and that you were able to have the home birth you wanted (I'm glad you had the hospital close by for your bleeding, though). Anyway, she is precious and we are really happy for your little family.

Emlyn said...

Congratulations! Way to go on the home birth too... so glad you are feeling better. Your babies are both beautiful girls.