A few weeks ago, I turned around in the kitchen to see a mouse scurrying across our counter and diving behind the stove. I screamed involuntarily and had Jared immediately move the stove so I could see exactly how much poop there was. I was so delighted when we discovered three of Zina's missing toys! (And hardly any poop.) They were the wooden stacky kind that grandpa brought back from Europe, so I was really sad to loose them. I thought she had thrown them away. Like she did in the over $80 of gift cards I once had...
And now the bad news. Whoever did the ducting in our house decided that the duct work didn't really need to go to the vent in the kitchen and just releasing all the hot air into the back of my cabinets would work just fine. There's a gaping hole in the ducting! I was so P-I-S-...I was so angry. I ranted and raved about the waste of energy and the higher heating bill for many many days.
The mouse ended up not bothering my at all. I just got some poison and left it at that. Strange, huh? How quickly a problem can be diffused with a bigger problem.
1 comment:
Maybe you should host a 5k run for ventilation damages to those in need.
we could all take the day off from the office and run in the fund raiser. heheeee. I couldn't help but think of the office episode when Micheal hit Meredeth with his car. if you haven't seen it do.
I am so glad you back on blogging . .I need some friends in the blog world again. Good luck with the venting issues. as far as small problems leading to bigger, Jeddy decided to throw a baseball bat through my living room window . . .no window until Monday. hopefully this is as big as it gets. at least this month. we need a lull in our roller coaster of chaos.
Post a Comment