5.16.2007

Phase One



I'm giving this to you in stages, because it's taken me so long. And it's super cool to look at. My goal this year is to pimp up our backyard. (Speaking of which, did you see "Mom my Ride" on youtube.com? Hilarious!) I started with putting lava rocks next to the driveway. Then I hired someone to prune the apple tree. Then I decided the fence looked nasty all gray and weathered. I rented a pressure washer and spent the entire day cleaning it. It was dirty and gross, but so fascinating...kind of like a zit or a scab. Especially one of the once in a life time zits that hit the mirror and you remember it and tell stories about it. It was so cool to watch the color change as I sprayed. My arms were so tired and my hands to sore, but I never got sick of watching the gray vanish. The hard water from the sprinklers created this white film over the top of the fence and it came off like wet lint. Really weird. The second to last picture is obviously me covered in it. And I couldn't resist some graffiti. (Yes, it's a take from Billy Madison.)

No comments: