
I really love making gingerbread houses from scratch, but haven't done it for a few years. I ventured out a few days ago and let's just say that I learned a lot. The year I met Jared a group of us at work got together and made a cathedral with jolly rancher stained glass windows. I tried to replicate that but it didn't work. We still had fun though.

My favorite part was the bite taken off the door the morning after I let them dry out. Elsie got in big trouble, and I knew it was her from her question an hour earlier. "Mom, can I have a bite of this gingercookie (white holding up the door)?" Hopefully next year it will be a funny story instead of a unhappy memory.

The Jacobs have a tradition of seeing Ballet West's version of The Nutcracker (the only true version according to me. I've seen a lot from other companies and I'm always disappointed). We go to the matinee the first Saturday in December and Christmas doesn't start until we see this ballet. Jared couldn't come this year and we were all sad to miss him.

1 comment:
so cute! Love your snow day- I think I have that same picture with my dad and sisters when I was a kid- someday you will barely have memories of your first house- time will fly!! the girls will get so big! Cherish your time there now!! Love you!
Post a Comment