Our first camping trip ever! Jared and I had this talk a bit ago about how we used to play a lot before we got married. Then life happened and play took a back seat to school and work and kids and cars and stress. We decided we needed to put our foot down and live like we have the life we dreamed about when we were dating, even if we can't afford it yet. This is more difficult said than done. I decided that I needed to change my attitude. I obviously get overwhelmed with how much I have to "take care of" pretty easily. I'm learning to let go and enjoy the now. And I'm so grateful for Jared who pushes me to relax. (Are you sure you don't want to stay and work on the house even though we've already lost every weekend in August to remodel and summer is almost over?)
Camping with my family rocks.
We went with Kurt and his girlfriend Taylor. (Kurt recently moved in with us, to be posted later.) They make great company and we had a wonderful time. And although we LOVED the lake (please please please can we buy our forever home next to some body of water?) I'm not interested in going back there. We went to the mountains to get away from people. I took a nap and was woken up by a loud laughing, someone's music, a baby crying, and something that sounded like a lawn mower. Next time we're going to the middle of nowhere. :) Especially because I want to shoot some guns.
2 comments:
Dang, so much of fun. That's so great you guys got out. I love me some campin'...so many great times. Remember when we used to go over General Conference weekend with the Lakes? And then they were afraid Uncle James was gonna spank them? Good times... :-)
We went camping there earlier this summer. I think you were at the same campsite. It was so much fun.
Post a Comment