6.16.2011

We Heart Sushi

If we're ever super rich, we're taking a whole year to spend a ridiculous amount of money on eating this every night. (PS Pretty sure it would take a lot longer than a year for either Jared or me to get sick of it.)

Check out the video below of Elsie dancing while we were out. Zina was at Grandma J's for the night and we had a Groupon that expired that day. That meant 30 min drive to Daybreak, 30 minute wait for a table, and 45 min wait for the sushi. It was still worth it. Plus it was just so nice to be one-on-one with Elsie. That rarely happens. She's so different when Zina's not around. Not worse or better, just different. Personality and relationship dynamics will always fascinate me. Growing up in a large family, there was never any time for real emotional connection between all the different people. I want to make sure that each of my children, regardless of how many we have, feels strongly connected to every single member of the family. I hope that one-on-one date nights with mom and/or dad and one-on-one sibling hang outs will be a way of life at the Nelson house.

2 comments:

Shiloh Roan Jacobs said...

We always had daddy-daughter dates and mommy-daughter dates growing up. We looked forward to it all month . . . I still remember going out one-on-one with my parents and I loved it. Such a great idea! I hope we remember to start that tradition with our kid(s).

Happy-Hardings said...

That looks like adventurous sushi, I think of California roles when I think of sushi. I try to make mommy daughter dates with my girls. It's hard when there are three.