5.11.2011

"I'm fire nation"


You can't tell really well in these pictures but Elsie has become a Kung Fu master. My kids watch a lot of Avatar. (The tv cartoon, not the movie.) I'm all about teaching them the principles of eastern philosophy: clearing energy, self-mastery, being one with the universe. So I don't mind the show one bit. Plus it's quite entertaining; it has some good dialogue and humor. (Jared's brother watched all three seasons in two days.)

If you're not familiar with it, it's about four nations who each control one of the elements: fire, earth, air, and water. The fire nation starts war and the avatar is the only one who can bring balance since he controls all four elements. But the avatar was stuck in ice for 100 years and is 11 years old.

Elsie super loves it. She is my tom boy and loves to fight. But won't do it on command. She takes the stance and says something like, "I'm fire nation. You be dead." And then does her kung fu. When it first started I was in NZ. She told Jared, "I do my hi-ya in kitchen." He didn't know what that meant and then saw her climbing around her hands on the ground and kicking it the air saying "Hi-ya!" He busted a gut and the I busted a gut when he told me.

PS
I'm not sure what's she's wearing, but I'm positive she was going for a costume feel of the show.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We love Avatar, too. Lena has probably watched all 3 seasons about 4 times since January. It's funny to hear her talk about the characters.