I'm ready for my new life to begin. The one where we live in the country on a communal farm with some chickens and a horse or two and grow our own food and have a stained glass and pottery studio and where I can meet my mom friends at the swimming hole and watch our kids play and maybe have a really good charter school where my kids will learn Latin.
Do you know where that place is?
The truth of our world is that there is no more trust. I don't trust my doctor really knows what that medication will do. I don't trust my food comes from a pure source. I don't trust my government to spend my money wisely and actually protect me over corporate America. I don't trust my kids will be safe at school and receive a good education.
So what to do? I'm not in my early 20s anymore where this is my parent's world and my parent's problems. This is my world now. And what does one do when the direction the world is taking isn't right with their spirit? Ignore it, embrace it, leave it?
I'm leaning towards leaving it. And building an off-grid community where we can create the life we want. And living like the people did in 4th Nephi. So much peace and happiness.
Anyone want to come?
3 comments:
I'm in
That does sound lovely doesn't it. I feel like living in the world how it is now is our equivilant to pioneers crossing the plains. It's not easy, it's a test of our spiritual strength and commitment. I wish there was a place to live where everyone believes the same things and wants to do what's right. But I've recently discovered that when I try to protect my kids from the outside world I'm not preparing them to live in the world like I should. It is daunting but all I can do is my best.
Yes! Coming!
Jeremy was talking to his dad about this very thing and his dad said "Ignore the dogs barking at the wagon wheels." Then he expounded: The world will fall apart, but we have been promised the church never will and it will keep rolling.
Post a Comment