Some of you may remember a post from a few weeks back about my life of late. It was rather personal and I deleted it after deciding some might not be willing or interested in seeing that part of me. I felt like I revealed too much and crossed the line of what blogs are about.
But honestly, most blogs depress me.
I visit blogs because I'm interested in seeing how my friends are doing and instead I walk away feeling like everyone has it together and does nothing but fun, expensive things with their perfect family and I'm the only one who has days and days of this-isn't-what-my-life-was-supposed-to-be-and-I-want-out-right-now.
So I'm changing the rules. Maybe.
I either need to stop the blogging world or find a balance of using technology to actually feel connected to another human being. My life is too packed with life already. I'm having a difficult time finding time and energy for the most important things. I don't think I can keep up the stress of writing witty posts with super cute photos about our latest adventure.
Right now I'm leaning towards quitting...I'll let you know what I decide.
2 comments:
Sweetie, I so know the feeling. I really only started my blog so my mom could see photos of the kids and stuff. But some how you get tricked into feeling you have to entertain the masses. Well, you don't. We all love you Liza or we wouldn't read you blog for your awesome self. We aren't expecting you to do anything for us other than just be you and give us whatever piece of you is available today. If you decide to stop, which is totally fine, just promise me that every once and while you drop a post to say hi. Love you and pov of life. hugs and squishes.
I guess you need to ask yourself "Why do I blog?" and depending on the answer, go from there.
Oh, and Tim says, "Tell Jared to text me or call me."
Post a Comment