

The family dog died yesterday. She was a stray given to us by my cousin when I was still in high school. Bozo went through many names: Leonerd (that was my pick but it never stuck), Woodstock, Bonzo and finally Bozo. She's had a huge tumor on her leg since Feb but kept sticking around, living off love and lots of meds, and eventually wet dog food because she got picky. I loved the way her paws smelled (really gross, I know). She used to crawl in my bed hald way through the night and hated the water. She didn't know how to swim so the summer Loree Lemon and I went to Deer Creek every day, Bozo would throw our clothes in the water to protest if we went too far from shore. She loved my Sloth kitty and they had a lot of fun together. Bozo was so good with kids. She would take any kind of abuse except pressure on her hips since she had a degenerative hip disease. She got really old and rather gross towards the end but I'll always remember those early years with a smile.
We miss you Bozo. All 34 of us.
We miss you Bozo. All 34 of us.

2 comments:
I loved Bozo! She hung on for a long time! I think she's my favorite dog I've ever known. Hope she's happy!
We lost our family dog a year ago and it was devastating. Pets are definitely part of the family and will be missed... but just remember how much they were loved here!
Post a Comment