I have nothing against you; I applaud the good you do in the world, but you need to stop using celebrities to motivate us to donate money for Haiti. It's annoying and tacky. Here's what I think when I see super rich actors using guilt trips on a commercial to get America to open our pockets.
Hmmm....Ok, let's make a deal. 1. You better not be getting 1 cent for your time to do this commercial. No reimbursement, nothing. 2. Let's donate equally. I'll give .1% of my income and you give .1% of your income. Good? Here's my $60, now cough up your $50,000 and leave me alone.
You know what you should do? Make a commercial with normal people in it. Fat, skinny, young, old, ugly, beautiful. And the voice over should say something like "Need doesn't care what you look like. Neither does help. It's every day people doing every day things that eases the tragedy in Haiti." I'd be inspired to write a check.
Thanks,
Lizza
No comments:
Post a Comment