8.20.2009

Primary

I stopped at Walmart during our drive to Grandma Nelson's house yesterday to buy Zina a booster seat. We were already on hour six of our four-hour drive and Elsie hit her wall big time. I figured if she could face forward in Zina's old car seat I might get the last 45 minutes cry-free, which is a big deal to my emotional and metal health. Purchases made, we settled back in the car and I asked Zina if she wanted to sing songs. She usually wants to and usually picks "Twinkle" or "Wheels on the Bus." This time however she wanted to sing about Princess Zina trying on dresses and dancing (no surprise there). BUT, before we could start our make-believe song with no real tune, she said, "Let's say the words first. First I say it and then you say it, Mommy." For those who haven't had music callings in the Primary, this is a standard practice. So I start repeating her nonsense lyrics, "Zina likes to put on dresses. And spin and dance and spin. And then look at the wall. And eat gum. And Elsie is a baby. Blah blah blah." I'm in mommy-zombie mode and not paying attention when out of the blue she asks, "Mommy, does Jesus like it when we buy boosters?"

Um, yes?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love your kid. She says the most awesome things. I hope my kids are as cool when they get bigger. :)