5.17.2009

Identity

Zina is having some kind of identity crisis. We spend so much time with my sister and her kids (and she honestly prefers them to me) that she calls Jared "Uncle Jared" and her cousins are her "brothers" and "sister." Or maybe she just doesn't fully understand relationships yet. Over breakfast the other day she said to me, "You're my daughter." I started explaining that she's MY daughter and it's a word that only works one way. Jared began quizzing her to see how much she got, "Who's your sister? Who's your cousin? Who's your Daddy?"

Then he asked, "Who's my wife?" "Tony." Naturally we started busting a gut and I mentioned I'm putting that on the blog. "Please don't," says Jared, "Everyone already thinks there's something weird going on with her obsession with Tony."

But I did anyway.

3 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Lol, this had me laughing and rolling on the floor!!! What can I say, Tony is a very likable guy...lol!

Loni said...

lol, Zariah does the same thing. She talks about someday when she's big and I will be her daughter. Every new friend she makes she calls her sister. They just don't get it at this age.

brit said...

that is so cute! if zina's redefining relationships put me down for cousin or something!