11.19.2008

Exhaustion

Just a quick little post. I'm in the middle of changing my picture organizing software and will have photos soon. Here's my update.

I'M SO TIRED!
ALL THE TIME!

I've been watching my sister's two kids off and on since she took a project. They're really good and I love helping her, especially since she has a hard time asking for help. I learned today that I can't get a break. Not even a little one. I put the kids in front of Iron Giant and I sat down on the computer to check Jill's blog and within two minutes, Zina comes up to me. "Mommy, Caleb pooped on the carpet." I don't even want to look. We've been potty training Zina and it's going well. She had a traumatic episode with some diarrhea and hid in the shower for a while. Caleb for the first time in his life voluntarily sat on the little potty today. So I'm thinking he went overboard.

I drag myself upstairs and see two little pellets in Zina's bedroom. And then a rag covering a brown spot. I'm tempted to just leave it there and have Jared clean it up. Caleb says, "It's not poop. It's chocolate." THANK GOODNESS he was right! Thank goodness I bought some carbonated stain remover yesterday (I highly recommend it.)

So when the kids are finally in bed and I have an hour to myself, I'm usually so drained that I just go to bed, too. On the days where I insist on living a kid free hour and watch tv, I wake up with regret.

SO grateful we're going on this cruise next week.

6 comments:

Elder Richey said...

Who is taking care of your kiddies while you go on the cruise? You are soooo lucky--have a fabulous time!

Hadlock Hideaway said...

I am grateful that your coming on the cruise too. It will be great to hang out with you guys!

Harris Family said...

I know you are stressed- 10 minuted in mervyns- the biggest mistake we ahve made with 6 kids! I love the chocolate comment. The other day I fell asleep and James was up and went poop and didn't wipe it all and sat on my bed... I woke up to little dry granuals. Parenting is not for the faint of heart. See you on the cruise sexy mama!!

Happy-Hardings said...

I'm jealous of your cruise is so soon, my turn will come though.

brit said...

hopefully you'll get a little r and r on your cruise! and btw, i just bought "the little green machine" by bissel for around $65. its a small carpet cleaner that is always ready to use and how have i lived without it all these years? i think i used it 4 times the week i bought it: kate rubbed lipstick on carpet; kate painted with conditioner on walls and carpet; kate had an accident on the carpet; . . . anyway, i highly recommend it to relieve stress and expedite cleanup :)

Melissa Eggertsen said...

Hey, I miss you. Why do I never see you or talk to you? I like looking at your blog though, it sort of makes me feel like I'm a part of your life. I'm so glad you're going on a cruise, I hope it's absolutely amazing! I love you! Oh, and by the way, our blog is www.eggertsenfamily.com, not www.eggertsonfamily.com. Just to let you know. We're coming up for Christmas, hope to see you then!