6.01.2008

Food Storage


I've been rather obsessed with food storage lately. I can't decide if I'm acting out of fear because gas prices are out of control and food prices are rising and I'm joining the panic, or if I'm a person of great obedience and am just listening to the prophet's advice (did anyone else notice that food storage wasn't even mentioned in this last conference? Are the warnings over and it's too late? So yeah, I'm probably acting out of fear).

I decided to use part of Bush's economic stimulus check to stimulate our food supply. Thank you Mr. Bush for the one good thing that you've done for me since your "reign" began oh so many years ago. But I'm sure it will probably backfire on not only me but the whole economy since it's already my money that I would have been given next year and since your replacement (if a Democrat) will probably raise taxes through the roof, we'll have to go into debt to pay our taxes next year so actually no thank you, but please please please get the &%^# out of office. (Maybe it's just because I'm pregnant, but emotions aren't so easy to hide lately. PS If you love Bush, we can still be friends, we'll just never talk politics)

So...the whole point of this picture is that my sister and I dropped a bankload of money at the cannery in Lindon and used my stake's sealer to can at home. Much easier with kids and WAY less time consuming. (If you're interested in canning at home, your stake has a sealer, too. Ask your Provident Living specialist.) If you do a shift at the cannery it takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours and they limit you to 36 cans. We canned 240 cans in a about 3 1/2 hours. (PS ALL the shifts are full all the time and they are out of a ton of food and limit you on the stuff they have left. Not to spread the panic. Just a little FYI)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: