5.24.2008

Movement

A few days ago, I had one of those horrible nightmares when my doctor pulled my aside from church and told me that my baby had died. It was vivid and real and very disturbing. The entire next day, I kept waiting and waiting for movement, coming so close to buying a doppler to hear the heartbeat. I drank surgery drinks and kept still, wondering if my midwife would think I was crazy if I was freaking out so much over not feeling movement for a few hours. Finally in the late afternoon, he or she started kicking and punching. It lasted for hours and hours. I always love feeling the baby move, but I was especially grateful then. Don't you hate going through those crazy pregnancy fears?

3 comments:

melissa said...

I did that all the time when I was pregnant with Janie. She was such a still baby that I would often go long periods of time without noticing any movement. And I would always freak out that something was wrong. Hooray for pregnancy hormones and the havoc they reak on us. :)

Harris Family said...

I totally think like that too. I cant wait for kicks because of the peace it brings. I was freaking out that the baby had complications and that I knew it through my intuition. My sister reassured me that I freaked out and said the same thing last pregnancy too and that the baby will be fine. That brought me back to reality! My friend Lizzy had her baby this week and I felt a little sad thinking that she wont be pregnant for awhile. I realized I need to be more greatful to be pregnant and the changes our bodies are going through. This will be a short experience that we cant redo. It is the ultimate expression of womenhood!! How cool is it that we carry the womb in us and start nurturing from day one of conception.

Emily said...

Stress!! I'm sorry you had to endure that stress but am relieved it was finally resolved. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just go through pregnancy without knowing about all the stuff that can go wrong?