5.16.2007

Springtime Play!



Zina LOVES to try to do whatever she sees us do. This is her trying to stick the key into the lock. She also tries to clip her toenails, but she uses the wrong end. It makes me laugh. I can't decide if a toddler in just a diaper is white-trash or cute. Maybe I should take a poll.

The doctor reminded me at her last check up that I need to be extra aware of her interest in mimicking me so she doesn't pick up dangerous habits, like cutting vegetables or climbing on chairs unattended. Or swearing.








Playing with the toy Grandma Nelson gave her. The tongue sticking out is a Jacobs' trait. It might be genetic, actually. We have plenty of picture of my brother Daniel with that same face.

I have all these cute hand-me-down dresses (thank you Amy!), but can't figure out what the clothing designer is thinking. The size is correct, but it's not long enough to cover her diaper and it didn't come with a diaper cover. Hello? Do you have any kids of your own? I don't like looking at that thing poking out. It's like plumber crack, but not as offensive, until you pick her up and it's full and there's no safety net to keep at least one of us from changing outfits.

3 comments:

Elder Richey said...

Glad to see you back, Lizza. When are you guys going to come visit us?

Emily said...

Hey, don't knock the plumbers crack. Adam has one whenever he's not in a onesie or overalls. I don't think it matters if the kid is cute....except for the point you make about not having a safety net. Zina looks a lot like you in that picture with the toy. Beautiful.

Lizza said...

Soon, my young jedi. Soon we will be in Idaho to visit you and see your cute house.